With climate change at the forefront of the heated global debate; businesses and buyers are keen to establish planet-friendly credentials.
Will your business be one of them?
As business leaders, we’re responsible for our planet and accountable to our stakeholders, staff and customers to operate a business model that is conscious of its impact on the environment – and maximises it’s profits.
A key factor in combatting climate change is improving your site efficiency. Just a few days ago, audit watchdog FRC called for firms to do more and improve transparent reporting on climate change issues.
Failure to combat climate change within your organisation can damage your reputation and restrict your profits as increasingly climate-conscious customers go looking for greener businesses. Not only will site efficiency contribute to combatting climate change, but it will also demonstrate your corporate social responsibility and cut costs.
Some of the things you can do to reduce your overheads and your environmental impact include:
- Use CFL or LED lights or (where possible) opt for natural lighting.
- Incorporate sensors/timers on lighting wherever possible.
- Reduce or eliminate paper usage, print on both sides of the paper and recycle.
- Upgrade your recycling efforts to include glass, plastic and aluminium.
- Turn off all electrical appliances when not in use.
- Save and reuse packaging materials and source plastic packaging alternatives.
- Use heat pumps that can reduce your electricity usage by up to 50%.
- Refine your environmental policies and create an awareness culture amongst your staff.
- Reduce heating bills with proper insulation.
- Modulate the amount of primary cooling air delivered to a zone/space with HVAC terminal units.
- Utilise software rather than printing, sharing and maintaining paper files.
- Evaluate, and re-evaluate control protocol scenarios – can you turn your heating down 1 degree? Or cut your heating time by 5 minutes.
Running an efficient site will save your business a significant amount of money and demonstrate your ethics to potential customers.
Artic tailor hard Facilities Management solutions for your business. A key service that we deliver to our diverse portfolio of clients is Energy Management. Artic have attainted ISO 14001 accreditation from the British Assessment Bureau.
Our expert team will produce a bespoke proposal dedicated to the needs of your business across one or multiple sites. Core to success in the maintenance sector is the specialised process of integrating our key skillsets of energy management and mechanical and electrical services.
The team will make site-specific recommendations designed to improve overall site efficiency, reduce your carbon footprint, streamline costs and demonstrate your corporate social responsibility. The UK is now the first major economy to pass laws to reduce carbon emissions to net zero by 2050. The target is the most ambitious set in the world and pressure will be on all institutions to support in achieving this.
For an Energy Management solution that combats climate change for your business, please get in touch with one of the team.
If you're looking to partner with Artic Building, then please complete the Working With Artic form here.
Do you have an upcoming project or tender? Then please complete the form below.